Tonight Kevin is in Galveston doing an engagement shoot with the uber talented Mr. Ben Sassani so I had the opportunity to make myself ANYTHING I wanted for dinner.
I decided to make one of my favorite pasta dishes that Kevin isnt a big fan of (he's not into italian sausage). It came out really good and it's super yummy! I made the recipe healthier with turkey italian sausage and whole wheat pasta.
What you'll need:
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 5 turkey Italian sausages, removed from casings
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1/2 - 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups of grape tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of spinach (arugula is a good substitute)
- 10-12 balls of ciliengini mozzarella cheese, sliced in half
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 9 oz linguine, cooked per instructions
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Remove the sausage from the casings and form into small balls. Place the balls into the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and tomatoes then stir constantly for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth to the skillet as well as the oregano and some sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. Break up a few of the tomatoes by piercing them with the spatula. Cook for a 8-10 minutes while the pasta is cooking,