Welcome!








Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things....

It really is the little things in life that make life worth living. Sometimes I will catch myself in a moment and make myself remember how I happy and how lucky I am. I thought I would share some of my favorite things from around my house at the moment. Random and unique, just like Kevin and I :)

1. My Purdy Puss. Originally my grandmothers, I used to love finding where the Purdy Puss was in her kitchen. On top of the freezer or cabinets...it always changed. She surprised me with it one day and it is probably my most prized posession. Seriously - it didnt even get packed when we moved. I carried it in my lap in bubble wrap. Purdy Puss is the cookie jar's actualy brand, it still has the original tag inside. And....yes, he is wearing a sweater because he's super fancy like that.
2. Wakeboard Guest Book. Instead of a traditional guest book at our wedding, we used a wakeboard. A sport that Kevin and I both share a passion for and it's how we met. It's now hanging in our computer/media room and I love re-reading the messages everyone wrote us on our special day.

3. Killer Fish. This bad guy was bought at the Peter Anderson festival in Ocean Springs, MS in 2010. It's one of my favorite festivals to go to and it only features artists from the Gulf Coast. I had seen him in 2009 when we went for the first time but I had already spent quite a bit of money already and he wasn't a necessity (per Kevin). In 2010 I was on the lookout for my killer fish scrubbie holder and I found one that fit in perfectly with my kitchen decor.

4. Big Buddha. I had been oogling after these wall panels ever since we moved into our small apartment downtown. We didnt have room for them then and when we bought our house in April 2009 I knew exactly what I wanted to fill our entry hall way. I am always a little bit calmer after looking at him and he makes me happy
Anyone want to share a few of their favorite things around their house?

No comments:

Post a Comment