Welcome!








Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day and My Mirror

Happy St. Patricks Day!!!!!

I hope all of you are wearing your festive St. Patty's Day attire like I am. My husband got home from camping yesterday and surprised me with pictures of my newly re-done mirror! I had been meaning to do so for a while and kept forgetting. This mirror was originally my grandparents (painted gold), then it was sent to our family lakehouse (painted sherbert orange). My dad has since given it to me and I decided to paint it heirloom white. I was going to hang it in the laundry room but I think it is just too pretty to not be on display all the time; so now it's hanging in our hallway. Turned out pretty  good, huh?

Spray painting the mirror was pretty easy. I just washed it with a wet rag beforehand and then let it dry. However, the shelves I tried to spray paint did not turn out so well (I'll be posting about that later).

Update: I just saw this mirror on One Kings Lane on sale for $1,299 (originally $2,900) say whaaaaatttt?????
Same size and all but I like mine way better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment